Here's a fun edible craft for November. At my school we rotate classrooms for Thanksgiving activities the day before the break and I always make these. They are easy and fun. It takes about 15 minutes to do with an entire class.
For each student you will need:
- 1 ding dong for body
- 2 stick pretzels for legs
- 2 M-n-M's, Skittles or Red Hot candies for eyes
- 1 Oreo for the head (twist it in half and save one side for the turkey)
- 6 toothpicks for sticking in the feathers
- 12 gumdrops for feathers (gumdrops, not spice drops or Dots)
- 1 candy corn for the beak
You will also need 1 tube of squeezable frosting to "glue" the head, eyes and beaks on. One tube of frosting does an entire grade level. Happy Turkey Day!