One great thing about these activities is that there are no copies to run off! Just take a page, ask a question and have the kids respond. I like using whiteboards but you could also do thumbs up or down, a simple raising of the hand, partner sharing, and more.
Each page is loaded with a variety of activities that are fun, educational, and engaging! Here’s a sample of a few types of activities your students will love!
• Two Truths and a Lie: Two of the facts about famous Americans are absolutely true but one of them isn't. Read all of the facts and have the kids guess which one is the lie.
• Would you Rather… Kids must choose between the two items. There is no “I like them the same”, or “I don’t like either of them” business!
• Find the Pattern: Math thinking activity. After coming up with the next two numbers, I like to have the kids tell me the rule mathematically.
• How Many ______ Can You Name? Here the whiteboards would come in handy. I definitely set a time limit for this or some smart kid will go all day!
• Analogies: Once kids figure them out, it’s a great idea to discuss “why” they work.
• Name That Continent: A country is listed and the kids try to determine (Ok…lots of times they guess) which continent it is from. Here’s your chance to put that globe to good use!
• Which Two Don’t Belong: A list of words that fit a certain category. Sounds easy? Not always as often the words are very similar in nature.
• Scientific Questions: Food chains, landforms, solar system, magnets, weather, animals and more!
I love these Brain Teasers and think you will too! They are a lifesaver for spare minutes for you or for your substitute.
Grab this now at my TpT store by clicking here.